From mydesk.com, below is listed the 2013-14 most outrageous tax return claims the HM Revenue and Customs received:
- The costs for storing Mars Bars overnight in a fridge
- The cost of a pair of flip flops so I don’t have to walk barefoot between my work’s changing and shower rooms
- The costs for my intimate waxing
- I bought a second hand car to get me from home to work so I didn’t have to walk
- I purchased my own flat, so I need to claim back the money I spent on the furniture.
Reading those type of claims may get you a quick laugh, but getting audited and penalized is no laughing matter. You work hard for your money and you should definitely keep what is entitled to you – just be sure it is.
If you are unsure what you are able to claim, schedule a free consultation with us today!