Whether you admit it to yourself or not, how happy you are overall in your life does directly affect how productive you are at work. And how do you achieve this work-life balance? Below are a few tips on doing just that.
- Know your boundaries. What is your definition of success in your professional and personal life? Everyone has a different take on what is a balanced life for them during different stages of their lives. Take the time to figure out what you want.
- Schedule it in. If you don’t design your own life, other people’s plans will quickly become yours. This easily happens in the workplace especially with managing email. Figure out when you can be available while still keeping everyone happy.
- Keep Active. Exercise is known for a host of beneficial rewards like better sleep, more energy, and increases in your mood to name a few. Make it a goal to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Not only will you look better but also potentially adding more years to your life.
- Make the time for activities you enjoy. This has more to it than just fun and games. Studies have shown that you will be happier, healthier and feel less stress.
- Take time off. Putting off that vacation is not in your best interest especially if you need an injection of creativity. Everyone has mental and physical limits. Feeling burned out is not the recipe for personal or business success, refueling is.
As you can see, only doing a few things can ensure the balanced results you want for your business, career, and personal life. The key is to choose the most impactful activities coupled with some discipline. As Sara Adams a senior director at a Fortune 500 Company experienced, once you choose to make it happen your rewards will be immediate.