Doing your taxes, business or personal, can lead to some late nights and can quickly become overwhelming. If you find yourself rationalizing these type of far fetched claims below, you may want to call an accountant to help you find another way to minimize your taxes.
From mydesk.com, below is listed the 2013-14 most outrageous tax return claims the HM Revenue and Customs received:
- The costs for storing Mars Bars overnight in a fridge
- The cost of a pair of flip flops so I don’t have to walk barefoot between my work’s changing and shower rooms
- The costs for my intimate waxing
- I bought a second hand car to get me from home to work so I didn’t have to walk
- I purchased my own flat, so I need to claim back the money I spent on the furniture.
Reading those type of claims may get you a quick laugh, but getting audited and penalized is no laughing matter. You work hard for your money and you should definitely keep what is entitled to you – just be sure it is.
If you are unsure what you are able to claim, schedule a free consultation with us today!